Monday, 26 July 2010 00:00
Rediscover Life's Simple Treasures at Graves' Mountain Lodge
Nestled deep in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the end of the road in Syria, Virginia, is Graves' Mountain Lodge, where making folks feel welcome has been a time-honored tradition for over 135 years.
Assume a leisurely pace and enjoy life's simpler pleasures; hiking, fishing, swimming and some good old-fashioned porch sitting. If you like, you may even take a stroll down the lane and observe the activities of our fruit and educational farm. Graves' Mountain Lodge offers unrivaled natural beauty and a wide range of outdoor activities guaranteed to please every member of your family.
Quote this article on your site
- Basketball, Horseshoes, Volley Ball, Softball, Swimming
- Horseback Riding - Enjoy a trail ride along the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
- Hayrides - Enjoy a tractor pulled hayride through the orchards.
- Fishing - The Rose River and Robinson River are state stocked with Rainbow Trout and Brook Trout. The Hughes River is also stocked, it is located about 8 miles north of Syria. A fish-n-pay pond, located on the Graves Mountain property, is open and stocked with trout (Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout, and Golden Trout). Other ponds on the lodge property are available to catch and release. The ponds are stocked with bass and bream. Bring your own pole and try your luck!
- Hiking - Many trails for hiking begin a short distance from the lodge. A short nature trail begins at the end of the road from Ridgecrest motel. If you care to visit White Oak Canyon, you can follow a lovely trail to the seven waterfalls. Rock climbing is also near by on Old Rag Mountain. Both are a short drive from the Lodge
- Rock Hunting - You may find some interesting unusual stones. This range is considered one of the oldest ranges in the world. Walk along the Rose River an try to find a piece of unakite, the official rock of Madison County, if you can't find a piece of unakite, there are some for sale in the Gift Shop and our Packing Shed.
- Gift Shop - Clothing, jewelry, toys and a variety of other items are found for friends and family.
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Last Updated on Sunday, 18 July 2010 02:41